Did you know that if you do a push up you are lifting 64 % of your body weight. So for me that translates to about 37 kg’s. Wow, that is a lot of weight. Can you see how doing own body weight training will build incredible strength?
Reasons why you should be adding these exercises to your routine.
- They are easy
- Safe to do
- You can do them anywhere. No expensive gym membership necessary
- Build functional strength in the whole body
- Give you tone and definition
- There are so many variations of the exercises that you will never get bored
- Fires up your metabolism
- Burns fat
- It is challenging
- Improve flexibility
- Improve your balance (vital as we age).
- You can be any level of fitness.
- They are fun
These workouts are so versatile that by adding a few components you can have a powerhouse workout
Enhance your workout
- Add plyometrics – These are fast explosive movements. Such as zigzagging between cones. . Skipping, bounding, hoping, tuck jumps, split jumps and many more
- Interval training – Burst of resistance exercises with cardio inbetween and recovery. (Hiit)
- Get into the pool to add a whole new dimension as well as resistance from the water.
- Use a TRX – Total Body Resistance Exerciser
- Train with a friend and use their body as resistance (pushing and pulling)
30 jumping jacks
10 lunges – each leg
5 jump squats
10 standing calf raises
30 jump rope
10 side lunges – each side
10 side to side jumps
20 jumping jacks
15 dynamic side planks – each side
10 push ups
10 tricep dips
50 jumping jacks
Give it a try and have fun.
Coming up this week.
Recipe Corner – A quick, easy and nutritious meal for lunch.
My Cultured Kitchen – It’s all about the Fizz – Probiotic Sodas.
Be sure not to miss out on anything by subscribing by email.