Here are a few reasons why:
- It can be a powerful tool in counteracting chronic holding patterns that contribute to pain and illness.
- Release energy and enhances physical performance.
- Bring you back into harmony with yourself.
- Develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment physical function.
- Boost your immune system and improve circulation.
- Create a sense of relaxation and well-being.
- Improves mental clarity.
- Can help to alleviate, constipation, headaches, insomnia and depression.
- Activates the parasympathetic nervous system. (Craniosacral Outflow)
- Create postural awareness and helps with alignment.
- May open your mind to self-enquiry.
- Motivates you to become aware of your lifestyle and prompts you to make changes on a physical, mental and emotional level.
- Relax tight and tense muscles.
- Increases range of movement.
- Helps muscle and skin tone.
Massage techniques may include
- Deep tissue fascia release – Esalen
- Body rocking
- Joint release
- Liquid bodywork
- Breath work
- Petrissage, effleurage and tapotment
“Rebalancing utilizes a combination of deep tissue massage, joint tension release and energy balancing, to counteract chronic holding patterns that contribute to pain and illness. Rebalancing views the human body as much more than it’s physical component, recognizing that the emotional, energetic and spiritual aspects are of as much importance to our totality.
Rebalancing is a form of body oriented psychosomatic therapy, which brings people back into harmony with themselves, so they can live their essential unity of body, mind and heart. It works with a unique synthesis of body reading, connective tissue manipulation, joint release, energy and breath work, body awareness training as well as emotions and their expression. As the body releases muscular rigidities and relaxes, energy is set free. At the same time old and unconscious emotional and mental attitudes and patterns, which imprison us, can come into our awareness.
This helps us to a better understanding of ourselves and of our hidden potentials. Hereby we come closer to our innermost core, which enables us to live life more spontaneously and gracefully.”
Prasado D. Munch – Osho School of Creative Touch.
I would highly recommend Rebalancing for everyone! It is a very powerful bodywork that embraces body, mind and heart.
It is recommended that you have a series of sessions (4 minimum), once a week to gain the full benefit. Thereafter a monthly maintenance visit is advisable.
Please note that the above Massage Discipline is Non Statutory.